Body, Mind and Soul healing
Vila Prea offers full body massages and localized massages for special needs.
Our masseuse has extensive knowledge and experience in relaxing and tonic massages, as well as spot attention for heavy sports athletes. We use Vila Preá Pure Coconut Oil for all our massages. Schedule one at the front desk and prepare to relax on the deck of your bungalow while listening to the sound of the crashing waves and the wind blowing through the coconut trees!
The standard rate for a 60-minute, full-body massage is R$ 100.
Make a 2 week reservation and “like” us on Facebook to get a free massage!
The Amazon Booster is a super syrup made from nine different kinds of herbs and tree barks from Northern Brazil.
The mix is produced following a traditional method developped by the Indians and was passed on from generation to generation. It is used as a medecine when one is feeling weak, has a cold etc. Besides it’s energy and immune properties, the “Amazon Booster” was proven to cure tuberculosis, colds, and many other ailments. We’ve been testing it for 18 months and have been greatly surprised by its results. We use it as a preventive medecine by adding one spoonfull of it in every super acai we prepare.
In fact, one of the ingredients -”Catuaba”- translated from the Tupi Guarani dialect litteraly means “what gives strength to the indian”!
The other ingredients contained in the booster are the following:
The addiction to açais is so strong that we’ve created a powerful version of the healthy energetic mix. You can actually order one instead of a meal as it will fulfill your body’s nutrition needs for a day.
By combining the best ingredients available we have produced a mix that is will increase your energy level & seriously boost your immune system, all that while keeping an excellent taste served in one large bowl. Here’s what goes into the magic potion:
- 200 grams of quality Açai
- 3 bananas
- 1 special fruit of the day (kaki, apple, melon etc)
- 1 soup spoon of pure coconut oil
- 1 soup spoon of the “all-natural Amazon Booster”
- 30 g. of Vila Preá’s secret powder mix
- 50 g. of almonds, cashew and Brazil nuts
The coconut oil Miracle
The health benefits of coconut oil include hair care, skin care, stress relief, maintaining cholesterol levels, weight loss, increased immunity, proper digestion and metabolism, relief from kidney problems, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, HIV and cancer, dental care, and bone strength.
These benefits of coconut oil can be attributed to the presence of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, and its properties such as antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial, soothing, etc. The human body converts lauric acid into monolaurin which is claimed to help in dealing with viruses and bacteria causing diseases such as herpes, influenza, cytomegalovirus, and even HIV. It helps in fighting
harmful bacteria such as listeria monocytogenes and heliobacter, pylori, and harmful protozoa such as giardia lamblia. As a result of these various health benefits of coconut oil, though its exact mechanism of action was unknown, it has been extensively used in Ayurveda, the traditional Indian medicinal system.
Coconut oil is often preferred by athletes and body builders and by those who are dieting. The reason behind this being that coconut oil contains lesser calories than other oils, its fat content is easily converted into energy and it does not lead to accumulation of fat in the heart and arteries. Coconut oil helps in boosting energy and endurance, and enhances the performance of athletes.
Health benefits of coconut oil include the following:
- Stress Relief: Coconut oil is very soothing and hence it helps in removing stress. Applying coconut oil to the head followed with a gentle massage helps in removing mental fatigue.
- Skin Care: Coconut oil is excellent massage oil for the skin as well. It acts as an effective moisturizer on all types of skins including dry skin. It also delays wrinkles, and sagging of skin which normally become prominent with age. Coconut oil also helps in treating various skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections. Therefore coconut oil forms the basic ingredient of various body care products such as soaps, lotions, creams, etc., used for skin care.
- Heart Diseases: There is a misconception spread among many people that coconut oil is not good for the heart. This is because it contains a large quantity of saturated fats. However, coconut oil is beneficial for the heart. It contains about 50% lauric acid, which helps in preventing various heart problems including high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure. The saturated fats present in coconut oil are not harmful as it happens in case of other vegetables oils. It does not lead to increase in LDL levels. It also reduces the incidence of injury in arteries and therefore helps in preventing atherosclerosis.
- Pancreatitis: Coconut oil is also believed to be useful in treating pancreatitis.
- Infections: Coconut oil is very effective against a variety of infections due to its antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial properties. According to the Coconut Research Center, coconut oil kills viruses that cause influenza, measles, hepatitis, herpes, SARS, etc. It also kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, etc. Coconut oil is also effective on fungi and yeast that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete’s foot, thrush, diaper rash, etc.
- Liver: The presence of medium chain triglycerides and fatty acids helps in preventing liver diseases as they substances are easily converted into energy when they reach the liver, thus reducing work load on the liver and also preventing accumulation of fat.
- Diabetes: Coconut oil helps in controlling blood sugar, and improves the secretion of insulin. It also helps in effective utilization of blood glucose, thereby preventing and treating diabetes.
- Bones: As mentioned earlier, coconut oil improves the ability of our body to absorb important minerals. These include calcium and magnesium which are necessary for development of bones. Thus coconut oil is very useful to women who are prone to osteoporosis after middle age.
- Dental Care: Calcium is an important element present in teeth. Since coconut oil facilitates absorption of calcium by the body, it helps in getting strong teeth. Coconut oil also stops tooth decay.
- HIV and Cancer: It is believed that coconut oil plays an instrumental role in reducing viral susceptibility of HIV and cancer patients.
Vila Preá offers access to its digital library. Over 500 videos ranging from Health to Natural World (many High-Definition BBC series), History documentaries, Space Exploration videos, Spiritual Teachings and much, much more. Get access to our Terabyte hard drive and enjoy hundreds of hours of videos, thousands of lectures, pdf books and more.
We also have a physical library with many books related to health, food, healing, rocks, plants and also a full range of standard books left by previous guests for your use.